An online beta-test platform for new live art + contemporary performance from your homes.
Artists working in live art + contemporary performance are invited to submit proposals for short (max 10 min) works that can be performed online, within your available resources - from your living room, your bathroom, your balcony, your backyard, your garden - or even out and about on a walk.
See previous Domestic events on our YouTube channel.
We are interested in whatever you are interested in saying right now.
In the interests of full disclosure, we are also aware that appetite for making work online is on the wane - so we are using this as a litmus test. We believe that this is only worth doing if we can do it well - so if the right work isn't there to make up a really good programme for October, we might all be better served by not doing it!
- an informal online beta-test platform;
- an opportunity for artists to try-out live work that they can make from home.
- Domestic will feature around 6 pieces of work curated together in a roughly one hour hosted event;
- this is not a good format for more durational work: think short, self-contained work that develops over max 10 minutes;
- we are predominantly looking for work that can be performed live though we may programme a small number of pre-records;
- the online platform to be used is to be decided - it could be Zoom webinar, YouTube or other;
- the next event will be on Wed 7 October - deadline Mon 21 Sep, 10am.
- this call-out will remain open on a rolling basis, we won't be able to use everything but we'd like to hold things 'in store' for future events.
- we will be in touch to let you know the progress of your proposal;
- we will also consider proposals for one-to-one/small capacity work for a later event focusing on intimate work, possibly in break-out rooms.
- if you proposed for the August event, we will be in touch individually to ask for updates; you do not need to apply again, unless it's for a different piece, or is so substantially different that you think a new proposal would be useful;
- Domestic will offer an honorarium of £100 per piece selected, to cover fees/expenses.
- if we think we won't be able to programme your proposal we will respond with some feedback.
- artistic merit of proposed ideas and clarity of proposal;
- priority will be given to live art/contemporary performance/time-based media work;
- work which has already been shown publicly will not be highest priority;
- pieces must be the artist's own, original work;
- the artist must hold copyright/ownership of the piece and materials included*;
- artists must conform with statutory and local authority rules concerning obscenity and defamation;
- Equal Opportunities will be employed in the selection and programming of this platform in line with Arts Council England guidelines;
- the focus is primarily on non-linear performative work from a cross-artform background. We therefore advise that work that is PRIMARILY from a theatre, poetry, music, visual art or dance base would be better served by proposing to a different context.
*nb: talk to us about any published music you are using.
- complete the Online Proposal form;
- complete the Online Monitoring form (please do, it really helps us!).
Actual links for both forms, to cut + paste into a web browser:
Proposal Form https://habarts.wufoo.com/forms/m1ni8idz0o7ugcx/
Monitoring Form https://habarts.wufoo.com/forms/r19tdg9m0h21yu0
Any questions please email: email@example.com
Domestic is presented by Word of Warning; produced by hÅb; supported using public funding by Arts Council England.
domesticmcr.org | #DomesticMcr