An online beta-test platform for new live art + contemporary performance from your homes.
Artists working in live art + contemporary performance are invited to submit proposals for short (max 10 min) works that can be performed online, within your available resources — from your living room, your bathroom, your balcony, your backyard, your garden — or even out and about on a walk.
We are interested in whatever you are interested in saying right now — whilst we sense that artist’s appetite for showing their work online from home is currently waning, please feel free to suggest something as we’ll put together our sixth online event later this year when we’ve got the right content.
We've also heard from artists interested in making a piece with their children during lockdown — if we have enough ideas for that come through we may put together a special (earlier in the day) event later in the year, so please let us know.
Get a feel for it by watching previous Domestic events on our YouTube channel.
- an informal online beta-test platform for LIVE work;
- an opportunity for artists to try-out live work that they can make from home.
- each Domestic will feature around 6 pieces of work curated together in a roughly one hour hosted event;
- this is not a good format for more durational work: think short, self-contained work that develops over max 10 minutes;
- we are predominantly looking for work that can be performed live;
- we are exploring a different static platform for a 'compilation' of pre-recorded work;
- we will also consider proposals for one-to-one/small capacity work for a later event focusing on intimate work, possibly in break-out rooms;
- the online platform to be used is to be decided - it could be Zoom webinar, YouTube or other;
- this call-out will remain open on a rolling basis, we won't be able to use everything but we'd like to hold things 'in store' for future events;
- the date of the next live event is tbc for early May and we'll be in touch will all those who have proposed re their availability when dates are finalised; we are still accepting proposals for future events at later dates;
- we will be in touch to let you know the progress of your proposal;
- Domestic will offer an honorarium of £100 per piece selected, to cover fees/expenses;
- if we think we won't be able to programme your proposal we will respond with some feedback;
- we are looking for LIVE work for Domestic. If you have a pre-recorded piece you would like us to consider for Domesticated please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- artistic merit of proposed ideas and clarity of proposal;
- priority will be given to LIVE live art/contemporary performance/time-based media work;
- work which has already been shown publicly will not be highest priority;
- pieces must be the artist's own, original work;
- the artist must hold copyright/ownership of the piece and materials included*;
- artists must conform with statutory and local authority rules concerning obscenity and defamation;
- Equal Opportunities will be employed in the selection and programming of this platform in line with Arts Council England guidelines;
- the focus is primarily on non-linear performative work from a cross-artform background. We therefore advise that work that is PRIMARILY from a theatre, poetry, music, visual art or dance base would be better served by proposing to a different context.
*nb: talk to us about any published music you are using.
- complete the Online Proposal form;
- complete the Online Monitoring form (please do, it really helps us!).
Actual links for both forms, to cut + paste into a web browser:
Proposal Form https://habarts.wufoo.com/forms/mcxwo7r1yazqxj/
Monitoring Form https://habarts.wufoo.com/forms/r19tdg9m0h21yu0
Any questions please email: email@example.com
Domestic is presented by Word of Warning; produced by hÅb; supported using public funding by Arts Council England.
domesticmcr.org | #DomesticMcr